- In a bowl, rehydrate the porcini mushrooms in the mulled wine for 20 minutes. Drain. Reserve mushrooms and wine separately.
- Meanwhile, in a large saucepan, brown the duck legs, skin side down, in the oil. Remove and set aside on a plate. In the same pan, brown the bacon and onion in the duck fat. Add the porcini mushrooms, garlic, celery and sausage and cook for 2 minutes over high heat. Add the lentils and mix well.
- Add the stock and wine and bring to the boil. Add the duck legs, cover and simmer for 30 minutes or until the lentils are tender. Add the watercress and adjust the seasoning.
𝐏𝐨𝐮𝐫 𝐥𝐚 𝐜𝐡𝐚𝐩𝐞𝐥𝐮𝐫𝐞 𝐚𝐬𝐬𝐚𝐢𝐬𝐨𝐧𝐧𝐞́𝐞 :
- In a small non-stick frying pan, brown the garlic in the oil. Add the breadcrumbs and brown, stirring constantly. Remove from the heat and add the watercress.
- Serve the cassoulet and sprinkle with seasoned breadcrumbs.